We respect and value the privacy of everyone who uses Our Services and website, and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
“We/Us/Our” means ReBalance Injury Clinic whose main trading address is ReBalance Injury Clinic, Unit 1, Pinbrook Industrial Estate, Chancel Lane, Exeter, Devon, EX4 8JU.
- Information About Us
For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Abby Raddon at ReBalance Injury Clinic, Unit 1, Pinbrook Industrial Estate, Chancel Lane, Exeter, Devon, EX4 8JU. Alternatively, you can email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a member of Society of Sports Therapist and Sports Therapy Organisation.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
This policy covers the collection, processing and other use of personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them. We advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
- Your Rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- What Data Do We Collect?
- We will collect personal data directly provided to us by you during our services, this has been provided to us by you, therefore, with your consent. Depending upon your use of Our website, we may also collect non-personal data.
- Some treatments should not be performed under certain medical conditions, therefore, the information you provide to us should include all known medical conditions and all questions should be answered honestly. It is your responsibility to keep the therapist updated as to any changes in your medical profile and there shall be no liability on the therapist’s part should you fail to do so.
- Your payment information provided when you make a purchase through credit/debit card is not received or stored by us. That information is processed securely and privately by the third-party payment processors that we use. ReBalance Injury Clinic will not have access to that information at any time.
- We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- date of birth;
- past medical history;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests;
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by consent and continuation of appointments), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account in accordance to supplying Our services to you;
- We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection;
- Replying to emails from you;
- To notify you about any changes to our services, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Please be assured that we do not reveal any information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers.
- With your permission and where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone with information, news and offers on Our products and
- We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- As part of the services offered to you by ReBalance Injury Clinic, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we use remote website server hosts to provide our clinic management software, website and some other aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA – this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g., our website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside of the EEA.
- The transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data, any such transmission is at your own risk.
- Once we have received any personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
- Do We Share Your Data?
- Subject to section 8.2, We will not use or disclose any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
- How Can You Control Your Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, when you submit personal data, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- The making of and keeping of records is an essential part of our care and services. We must keep records for everyone we treat or who asks for professional advice or services.
- Client/patients records need to be kept for seven years, in the case of children for 5 years after their 21st birthday, for terminally or seriously ill clients/patients/users records should be retained indefinitely.
- You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you subject to clause 11.1 and 11.2.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us (where such data is held). Please write to us at the address detailed above, or by email to email@example.com, if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information, we hold relating to you. Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all data in response to your request free of charge We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data
- Contacting Us
© 2022. ReBalance